TASK: Discuss how the internet has been used to launch this movie to a wider audience, then explain how you have followed a similar model yourself.
Seeing as our final opening was at a low budget production, I dont think we would get a million of recognition like we dreamed of. But that doesnt stop me from spreading and sharing the video, as the internet is probably the easiest place to advertise. The main websites used are mainly social networking sites such as:
- YouTube - a video sharing website on which users can upload and share videos.
- Facebook - a social networking website on which users can keep up to date with there friends.
- Twitter - a social networking and microblogging service that enables its users to send and read messages known as tweets.
- Tumblr - a blogging platform that allows users to post text, images, video, links, quotes, and audio to their tumblelog, a short-form blog.
- Vimeo - a video-centric social networking site similar to YouTube.
Amongst these websites, they give users the power to 'Like' and 'Comment' on the video/link to show you their opinion on it. You can also subscribe or follow to keep up to date with the company, and even share or reblog it to other people! Below are screenshots of how they work.